Monday 14 April 2014

Share the Gospel

Share the Gospel? But I do that every day surely?

I'm a minister, I'm a professional at sharing the Gospel!

I ensure that mission and ministry is resourced and encouraged, that there is appropriate accountability as well as the space to share.

I make certain that the Gospel is shared in deed and word. In exciting and thoughtful programmes for all ages.

Of course I share the Gospel...

That's what I would like to think, but the truth is far from that. Yes, of course there is truth in what I have just stated, and every decision and meeting is surrounded with prayer, in fact every day commences and concludes with prayer but do I really share the Gospel of Jesus? The good news that He, and He only, brings a fulfilment to life beyond which nothing else comes close.

Before writing today I thought back to the last time I properly shared the Gospel with someone and do you know what? I couldn't remember when it was or, more importantly, who it was. And I'm thinking personal not through a preach, because that would be a cop out.

So today I will share the Gospel, maybe with a family member, possibly a stranger but I will do it!

No comments: