Wednesday 9 April 2014

Failing and Sailing

Yesterday was a bit if a disaster in terms of completing the task of volunteering to meet a local need. I went to my local row of shops and the local church to see if there was something in a window or on the notice board that I could volunteer for.

Fail. 

I couldn't find one thing that I could step up to the mark for - but I'll keep trying as today I need to go to Kirkintilloch, our nearest small town (we prefer small towns to cities), and I'll have a look there.

Today's task is something else altogether: create something, make something for a friend I haven't seen for a long time. Sail!

I love making things! Those of you who have followed this blog for a little while will know I am an occasional soap maker, fairly bad woodworker, I attempt writing occasionally and will give pretty much anything a go when it comes to craft working. It should be plain sailing.

What if they don't like it? What if they think it's just a pile of junk? What if I offend one friend by making something for another friend?

I used to spend a lot of time 'overthinking' - I have learned that all I am doing is taking credit from the 'bank of tomorrow' when I do that. This really is a task where the thought is what counts - I'm so confident that my friend will appreciate the gift that it almost won't matter if they don't keep it, or if another friend would like something as well.

I love my friends - I don't have many and each is worth the world to me.

No comments: