Sunday 6 April 2014

Get your own back - but in a good way!

This has become the habit through Lent and the practice of #40acts, Sunday being a rest day gives the opportunity to reflect and maybe catch up on any acts not fulfilled.

Honestly I think I have fulfilled all acts of generosity over the last few days so reflection it is then.

Making people smile seemed to work on Tuesday (might have had something to do that I booked an entertainer for the event I was at! Look up John Archer on Google - absolutely brilliant!)

Paying it forward seemed to work on Thursday - which had it's own negative challenges already - but just being able to buy someone's lunch unexpectedly was a massive blessing to me and, given the response, also to the young mum who was the recipient.

As for #guerillagifts yesterday, once I got sorted it became much easier to be generous and surreptitious concurrently! There are some children who were in Gretna yesterday who are hopefully enjoying the puzzle books left around for them.

But all of these things pale into insignificance when compared to my appreciation of the generosity of others and especially the generous heart of God. No matter what I attempt to give I always receive more in return. This is no woolly prosperity gospel that I am suggesting, it's just that whatever I give away whether if is financial, practical or emotional I am being made aware of what I get back - and it is multiplied.

I am a grateful man and I have a generous God.

No comments: