Saturday 19 April 2014

It's all over... Almost

This Lent, instead of giving up something, I took part in #40acts - 40 days of generosity.

Honestly I thought it was just a simple way of engaging, principally through social media, with other people who wanted to pursue Lent a bit differently.

Oh how wrong I was!

It has been a wonderful time of inspiration, and experiencing the generosity of others and returning to a generous spirit myself. I have loved all of the tasks, even the ones that I wasn't, for one reason or another, able to complete. I have met new friends throughout these forty days, some virtually and some  in reality.

At the beginning of the challenges I commenced blogging on the daily experiences - I am given to understand that some people have found this helpful - I am blessed that anyone would do so and also very grateful that you have let me know.

I have been hugely inspired by turning numerous times in each day to the website and particularly the 'caring is sharing' tab: you #40act-ers are incredible, creative and most importantly generous people. 

Today's act is to throw a party! Although I'm not even at home a party is being planned for a few weeks time when I will invite friends, neighbours and others to celebrate - you may even get an invitation!

No comments: