Saturday 12 April 2014

Party!!!

As a teenager I loved a party! The loud music, the bad dancing, the witty banter, the terrible flirting! It was what happened almost every weekend, someone would be celebrating something and thirty or forty of us would turn up at their home and for a few hours the party would distract us from whatever else was on our minds.

The last party I went to was my wife, Catherine's, birthday party. It was brilliant, good food, lovely friends, great music (that was my responsibility so I am bound to say that!). All of my family together - brilliant!

I don't even know when the next party will be...

Until today when #40acts challenged me to host one! So the challenge is on for me to put together a community party. It's not going to happen this weekend but maybe later in the summer (when it comes!) I'll get it together!

I am reminded, of course, that Jesus lived a party. He loved to spend time with His friends and others - even when it wound the respectable religious people up! 

So, there will be a party sometime, it's friendly, it's generous and it's biblical!

No comments: