Thursday 10 April 2014

Enough and to spare

I love charity shops! Every week I will visit four or five. I don't always buy anything. I know what I'm looking for. I have a list of books that goes with me. Why should I pay full price when I don't need to?

Now go back and read those six sentences again.

In six sentences I have referred to myself a staggering nine times!

It's as if the charity that is benefitting is me!

Unfortunately the statements are all true. Very rarely do I consider the benefit to the charity, or the fact that these shops that I love for a bargain and the upcycling approach that I aspire to are actually, for some people, the only shopping experience they can afford.

And how often do I make a donation of clothing? Pretty rarely I can tell you! And what do many charity shops lack? Men's clothing, because us fellas like to wear it until it falls apart.

So today I am going through my wardrobe, lifting out some items that I don't wear and taking them to the charity shops that I live to visit. 

Thanks #40acts for reminding me that it really isn't all about me.

No comments: