Tuesday 15 April 2014

Share and share alike

As I'm currently on a few days leave pre Easter to complete the challenges for #40acts in one sense gives me much more flexibility and in another becomes much more restrictive.

For instance yesterday I had to share the Gospel - see the immediately previous blog for my anticipation and determination regarding this. Three quarters of the way through the day I realised that I not only had not shared the Gospel with anyone but also that our friends we were meeting for coffee during the afternoon are amongst the most committed Christians you could find. My mind ran ahead of me in order to make sure that the gospel was shared and with someone who needs to hear the message of love, acceptance and forgiveness.

And the opportunity came in our conversation with our friends for not only did they have their 2 year old son with them but we also had our teenage son with us. He needs to hear the Gospel as much now as when he was growing up. As someone who no longer attends church we cannot assume he recalls the good news or accepts it. And so in a Garden Centre the Gospel was simply explained in the context of the conversation. A silent listener hearing and taking in every word. 

Today's challenge is also about sharing - sharing my lunch. Those who know me will realise that this is a significant challenge for me!

I am guessing that there will be good opportunity as we go and spend the day around the west of Scotland - current destination unknown! I also guess that this is less about sharing food than about engaging and enlightening, sharing wholesomeness as well as food. As we go around today I'll be looking for opportunities to share whatever I have in order that others will receive.



No comments: