Tuesday 8 April 2014

Meet a need - lend a hand

My first thought was that this should be easy. Find out about local need and help to meet it. I'll just pop along to mine of our local Salvation Army Corps and give a hand. Job done!

Helpful though that may be it is not really in the true spirit of generosity is it? I could do that pretty much any time - and frequently do. A spare pair or hands - of course. Emergency baby sitting - no problem.

This task, although it seems relatively simple is deceptively challenging.

First of all I need to identify what exactly is my local community. Then I have to find out who is trying to make it a better place. After that I need to make contact and see if I can lend a hand. Then they need to decide if I am the right person - and I need to accept that I might not be!

So there's the plan - and if it doesn't work out I can always go and help at my local Salvation Army!



No comments: