Friday 11 April 2014

Passive activist

Something is going on here...

Today's #40acts challenge is to sign a petition, lobby you MP, set up an action group.

While I was praying through that particular challenge I listened to so e scripture, designated for today via 'pray as you go' (brilliant Ignatian devotional website), and this verse comes up: 

'Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous and probe the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause'. (Jeremiah 20:12 NIV)

I would say that I don't have a 'cause' that I stand for. I am, I suppose, a 'passive activist'. Maybe I should become more outspoken on issues that are important to me. Perhaps I am too aware that when I, as an individual, speak some people hear the church that I represent speaking rather than me. 

Today I am challenged that I should no longer remain silent or hold back because of others thoughts but instead stand up for what I truly believe in and encourage others to embrace change and justice.

So today I am not going to sign a petition just to fulfil a challenge, I'm going to really examine my heart and spirit to discover what had actually wants me to stand for... And them I'm going to campaign for change.

No comments: