Wednesday 2 April 2014

Hidden treasure

I normally live a well ordered life. This week especially as I have been on retreat the days have been governed by a timetable of teaching and reflection, relaxation and renewal. Very rarely do I get the chance - or even have the inclination - to just "go with the flow".

That doesn't mean to say that I don't let God direct me because I will ask for His guidance in both my movements and my decisions very deliberately. I bring the things I have to do and pray about them, often with other people so that we get a shared sense of his direction.

As I'm prompted today to just "go with God" on a type of divine treasure hunt and see what he will do with me I'm reminded of this verse : "But we have this treasure in clay pots so that the awesome power belongs to God and doesn’t come from us." (2 Corinthians 4:7 CEB) 

He has set His treasure in me - and you - to be discovered when we are broken or to flow out of us when He moves us. 

Today I may not realistically get the chance to fulfil this as freely as I would like to - but I will definitely try to move and act and be poured out or broken at God's will.

No comments: