Friday 7 March 2014

Toolbox Time

Today I'm encouraged by #40acts to look in my toolbox, which is funny because I have increased my set of tools recently by the purchase of a new saw - but that's a different story! What they mean is the things that I have at my own personal disposal. List them, and specifically use one or more to bring a blessing to someone, to help them.

So in my devotional time this morning I spent time with The Lord thinking this through. Unsurprisingly he revealed a couple of things to me about myself that I have to list in the toolbox of my life. He showed me through looking at the words of the prophet Isaiah that it is not just using the tools but using them for specific tasks.

It's no use using a screwdriver to hammer a nail (although we all know that if the handle of the screwdriver were big enough it could be done!)

What God is saying to me is this 'you have all of these things at your disposal and you must use them to feed the poor, clothe the naked, free the captives'.

So what does this toolbox of mine contain? 

Optimism
Money
Patience
Co-operation
Time
Willingness

There might be a few more things that occur to me through the day - but I am a blessed person. Today I will deliberately try to bless others. I try anyway, but today I will try harder.





No comments: