Tuesday 11 March 2014

Reach out

Thinking about 'reach' today.

Not in the boxing sense - although making an impact is really at the heart of this #40acts task. 

We're being prompted to think of those individuals and groups we have influence on and give them a positive message...

The groups I've come up with so far and, in brackets, whether I think I have much influence over them or not. I know as well that I may have a not very good influence on some of these:

Old school friends (very little influence)
Office colleagues ( much influence)
Divisional colleagues ( much influence )
Fellow divisional leaders ( some influence)
Former youth from West Midlands days ( a little influence)
Family (some influence)
Friends (some influence).

The more I think about this the more I am concerned that I have no influence. Not that I want to tell people what to do but that I want to model what Jesus would have done.

I really have to think about this carefully while I try to encourage others to think about their influence.

No comments: