Saturday 15 March 2014

Lights under a bushel

Today's task for #40acts is to share your hidden talents.

Initially there is a temptation to look back to day two or three where my gifts and skills are listed. What I didn't list were the hidden things I have dubious skills in. So after a small amount of soul searching I believe I have two hidden talents:

Soap making
Footstool making

Yes, not that impressive are they! However in the interests of making lent a time of doing rather than not doing; of sharing rather than keeping myself to myself I offer the following:

The first person to contact me via personal message on Facebook or Twitter (@russellwyles) I will make a footstool for - dimensions from yourself, I can have a conversation with you regarding finishes etc in due course. 
I will also share my soap making recipe and method with the first four people who request it by the methods above.

Both will require me a little effort, commitment and focus - it is a season of giving out not just giving up.

Why would I make work for myself? principally because I am reminded that Easter - to which Lent points - was the greatest work ever done. My own physical labour will provide me opportunity to reflect on this great work.

(You can see some of my footstools by searching for me on Pinterest).


No comments: