Monday 17 March 2014

Feeling a bit green

Argh! I just knew that was coming when I saw the title of todays #40acts activity.

Be a bit more green.

Don't use plastic bags, plant some flowers, pick up litter. Do something 'green'.

I already earnestly try to be Eco friendly in how I live. Eco light bulbs, recycling very intentionally, not using plastic bags.

However when I consider the motivation it is not to protect and preserve God's good creation it is from purely personal, and even vain, motives.

Eco light bulbs reduce my electricity bill, recycling prevents a fine from the local authority, and I wouldn't be seen dead carrying something in a plastic bag because it's a plastic bag! 

Perhaps today should be, for me, about motivation and shifting my thinking. Then I may well be more friendly towards creation and even discover new ways of showing my friendliness.

No comments: