Tuesday 25 March 2014

Ask for a donkey...

The story of Jesus' preparing to enter Jerusalem on Palm Sunday is one I have always loved. I love the spontaneous action of the crowd and the fact that if the people didn't shout the stones would have done! I love the part where Jesus tells His disciples to go and get a donkey - and they find it exactly where He said it would be. They use the exact words He tells them to. And then walk away with the donkey on a rope so Jesus has got the most appropriate form of transport: the one He said would be right.

It's a great story of humility and majesty, of knowledge and obedience.

How many of us would go and do something similar because "The Lord has need of it"?

As a challenge today I need to ask others if they would support one of my favoured charities... In other words "Can I have your donkey please? The Lord has need of it."

If you should see me today and would like to support a cause I'd love you to say "I have a donkey for you" and then see what happens!

No comments: