Wednesday 26 March 2014

Hey, Mr Postman!

I keep telling myself I will write letters - beautifully scripted messages of ink on quality paper to people who have meant much to me over the years, people who we send Christmas cards to but with whom that is our only contact. People that the most I see of is a thumbnail image and a status update. Today I have been prompted from my intention into action.

To write letters.

Not only to those who I have known and loved but also to those I do not know, the faceless people of my life, those that live three and four doors away, three or four streets away, or three or four cities away. People with whom I will have no other contact but may need to know that they are loved that they are more than an online inbox.

I imagine that after an initial flurry of activity this may be one of those things that gradually peters off - but if just a handful of people are encouraged it will be worth it.

I think this may be possibly the most challenging task yet - and I will never know the outcome.

Thanks #40acts for keeping the pressure on.

No comments: