Monday 24 March 2014

Read this... Please.

This shouldn't be too difficult for me: be polite to everyone.

I am genuinely and generally a friendly person, I talk to people in queues, I start conversations with strangers, I say 'thank you' and 'please' and 'have a good day' etc (honestly sometimes to the point it embarrasses my family!), so to be polite to everyone if frankly a cinch.

Or is it?

For today's #40acts to mean something I have to think deliberately about my interaction with others, it's not just words or passing the time of day, it's treating people well because of their worth as people. They are all valuable, they are all worth caring for and interacting with in a positive way. So here's the real challenge for me today: really thinking about what would be best for the person I'm interacting with? Maybe they don't want to talk, or maybe they are so busy they would like to go ahead of me in the queue, or just maybe they would love someone to say hello to them, or hold a door open.

So, for me, today is about being extra aware of those around me and showing them some consideration to make their day better.

1 comment:

Betty cunningham said...

What a challenge. .
great food for thought!