Saturday 8 March 2014

Making connections.

Yesterday was about using the tools in my toolbox, accessing the god given gifts and skills at my disposal. I guess I do this everyday to a large degree - as we all do - without really thinking about it and just getting on with life.

I think what yesterday was really about was the intentionality of being. That when we have time to give to someone we do so in a thoughtful manner, when we donate to charity we do so recognising the human impact that gift will have, when we speak to someone on a customer service helpline, essentially with a complaint, we do so without aggression but excercising grace in  our speech and requirements. 

I'm going to think about that a bit more in the coming days - I think that may be at least one purpose of #40acts : to be more thoughtful and reflective.

Well today is about making human connections, knowing my neighbours, my barber, the person who works in the corner shop etc. I wonder what I will learn about them by learning their names.....?

No comments: