Friday 28 March 2014

Somebody prayed for me

Our Father...

O God!!!

Lord have mercy...

Every morning I start my day with prayer - well that's the intention. Most days I manage it. Some days the Lotd speaks directly to me and I spend the time just listening to what he has to share with me, about the world, about the day, about my life. Some days I can't stop talking to Him. The words tumble out of my mouth and the emotions flow from my heart.

The days that I oversleep and miss the most important conversation of the day - man do I know it by the middle of the morning! It seems as if the balance of the day is all wrong. What I'm saying is that prayer is essential to me because my relationship with God is the most important relationship I have.

Sometimes I pray for people I know and sometimes for people I don't know - sometimes I get to know the outcome of my prayers and sometimes..., well there are some things I have spoken to God about that I am still looking for His response.

Today will be the same in terms of my prayer pattern - those specific times I will come to God in prayer:  early morning, 9.00am, last thing at night. No doubt there will be other times I have a quick chat with God just to check things out with Him.

The difference today is that if I'm praying for someone I'm going to let them know. No anonymous prayers today. 

If I can pray for you today please let me know: you can direct message me on Facebook,  Twitter or email Russell.wyles@salvationarmy.org.uk . I'd live to share this journey with you.



No comments: