Monday 10 March 2014

Thank you, no, thank you ...

"Thank you". 

Because I was brought up well I use these two words many times every day. I thank my secretary for the cup of coffee as I arrive in the office. In thank the person I chat with on the phone for their time. I thank the shop assistant, the bank clerk and the call centre worker. I thank my wife for brilliant ideas, i thank my children when they fulfil tasks.

"Thank you".

But do I really mean it? I say it so often perhaps it loses it's power. Maybe if I stopped and thought for a moment I would say more than "thank you" - or possibly less. Perhaps I have made it just a convenient way of ending a conversation...

Today is about gratitude with #40acts .

I have already, at the start of today written a thank you note (well, email) and very sincere it was too. I should have many opportunities to say "Thank you" today so I am going to go a step further. I am setting myself the challenge to add something. Whenever I say those two words I will add "...for..." . That will ensure that I really think about my reason for thanking.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: