Monday 9 March 2015

Something from me to you...

I am writing this blog in the evening - well, almost night really - as we spent most of yesterday travelling, finding our hotel and getting sorted out and getting ready for a four day conference which started this morning.

I did have chance, however, to read and then pray through today's #40acts challenge (read it here: http://www.40acts.org.uk/the-challenge/BOGOF? ) 

It's about bargains - and anyone that knows me will know I LOVE a bargain! But it has to be a real bargain - not just something that I buy because it's cheap but something I would have bought anyway but is massively reduced. Like when I looked in a charity shop for some black shoes and found an unworn pair of black Loakes for £12. List price £130 - bargain!!!

So I have to do a bit of a buy one get one free - and pass the free one on...

No problem - I think...

Except I'm at a conference centre and everything is provided for me for the next four days! So it looks like I'll have to bank this challenge for later on, maybe at the weekend, and do it then.

However i do have something to pass on: my faith. Even though I am with forty or so senior leaders from my denomination it is too easy to get hung up on church governance and structure and forget the one that we are doing all of this for. 

Jesus - it's all about Jesus.

His generosity of living and dying reflected in our generosity of giving. So I will share what I have - the most precious gift that is mine. My devotion to Jesus.



No comments: