Saturday 21 March 2015

Can I help?

In the last couple of years I have discovered a strong liking - a passion even for making things from scrap wood. So far I have created a garden table and bench, a tool rack an AV unit for one of our local churches, a tripod lamp, a shelf, three stool and a tea light holder.

There is something very special about doing something practical when it is not your everyday life. My efforts are not highly polished, they are basic and often flawed - but I have loved the moments of creativity and 'sleeves rolled up' attitude hat I need to have.

The pleasure is added to when they are given away.

Doing something for others is a fantastic way of feeling for them while also feeling better for ourselves. In itself it gives us a positive mental attitude as well as often seeing others out of a fix.

Today I am on the lookout for those to help - maybe with a build project or maybe just offering a hand of assistance in the moment (I'm already committed to taking someone to the airport at the end of our Mission Conference ). Maybe if I see you and I can help - then just ask!

No comments: