Monday 29 December 2014

Generosity and journeying

So the Advent series has drawn to a conclusion - much like the birth of a child: there is much anticipation and climax building and then, when here all must quieten in order for the babe to sleep. It is a time for even more pondering...

Over the last four weeks I have travelled with the excellent people of Stewardship on their #adventwonder series and on the way we have paused to wonder about angels, shepherds, innkeepers, gifts, Mary, Joseph, and so much more that fills the story of anticipation and arrival of the Messiah. I have deliberately set aside time to wonder about all of these aspects (I've been assisted at times by also using a little book called 'C is for Christmas' (Wiersbe and Wiersbe)) and I have become rich for the experience. My preparation for advent and Christmas itself in times past has often been the place for commenting 'I just don't feel Christmassy yet!' - on this journey I felt ready physically, emotionally and spiritually for the joyous celebration of Christ's coming to earth. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and the journeying with my friends across the world who have used the same way by using #adventwonder.

Thanks for travelling with me! (See you in February for #40acts !)

No comments: