Monday 22 December 2014

Bread for Today

Today I am wondering about bread.

One thing I really enjoy is baking. I have a pretty small repertoire but I can produce a pretty good cake - in fact yesterday before breakfast knocked up a chocolate Swiss roll and turned it into a Yule log which impressed Catheime no end!

However my attempts at bread making are not so successful at all. If the lock builders yard runs out of house bricks I can supply them straight from the oven! Bread is such a basic commodity that when Jesus taught his disciples how to pray daily bread was the practical prayer he made.

Fortunately I can go to a supermarket and buy the bread I cannot bake - but I'm the blessed one. I have money, ability, and freedom to do so. Not everyone ia blessed in this way. 

Today I will be looking at my funds to consider if there is a charity or individual I can help to receive their duly bread. Christmas is a time when many people over indulge - I want to ensure it'ss a time when all people can eat bread at the very least.

No comments: