Friday 19 February 2016

Wanna talk? You need to listen...

Today I was preparing myself for my morning prayers (I use Pray As You Go as then basis of this time as well as some reflective Bible journaling). I was impressed immediately that the Holy Spirit was telling me to listen: listen very carefully.

So I did. While scripture was being read I listened. In the space following the scripture I listened and the two themes of 'mercy' and 'grace' came strongly to me. 

I prayed that I would now and show these qualities in the same measure as I have experienced them - which is massively.

Then I turned to @40acts to see what today task is and what the teaching is and there, in black and white, is the story of prayer working and the challenge to pray for others, to let them know, to seek out specific prayer subjects. 

When I meet with my work colleagues at around 9am we will be praying for each other and for several other people and situations in the absolute knowledge that we are doing the best thing in bringing them to God - anything we can do after that is simply being used by Him. 



No comments: