Tuesday 16 February 2016

Rubbish Actor

With Lent 2016 barely out of infancy I feel I have let it down. Especially in the context of participating in #40acts. This thing developed by @stewardship to help pilgrims in life live a more generous way by challenging them through thought, scripture and challenges.

The acts I am supposed to have done so far include:

Draw my friendship circles - fail
Do chores for someone - fail
Cook a meal - fail

Honestly I've become rubbing at acting - no BAFTA for me!

But importantly I won't be judged by anyone for not doing these things except myself. The folks at #40acts don't send a condemning email, my friends don't know I didn't do a doodle about them, the people who I should have been generous too are not aware - and that's a generosity in itself: not condemning, not judging.
So I have received great generosity from people who don't even know they are giving which makes me so very thankful that so many of them know the God who is most generous of all - the end of the Lent Road shows that above anything else.

Fresh start today then...

No comments: