Tuesday 7 March 2017

So here's the thing...

Wow - what a few days doing #40acts!


Firstly there was an 'off grid' day - no real problem with laying my phone on one side so I can engage with the local community - but I did really discover how much I use it for all sorts of things: diet, exercise, Dr Google (obviously), Social Media, music - but seriously felt better for laying to one side even if only for a few hours. Definitely something I will be doing again.


Today I will be avoiding staying behind my desk to communicate - so I'll be getting up, engaging, phoning, shouting across the office - you get the idea! Having consciously done this before I know how easy it is to slip back into the bad habits of just doing everything from a distance - so today is the start of a new approach: again!!


All of that is fine but for the fact that yesterday the challenge was around engaging with prisoners through one of the prison charities. Upon reading the challenge yesterday morning I was transported back twenty years or so to Cardiff when myself and Catherine were ministering principally to prisoners families: wives, girlfriends and parents and so on. How their lives were imprisoned just as much as their loved ones was something that became apparent very quickly.


We tried to do all we could to support them - today I will be redoubling that connection with these people, or at least those like them today, by donating to a charity that works with offenders to stay connected and build relationships with their families.


I'll give you an update on the other tasks that are taking a little longer vey soon!







No comments: