Monday 9 June 2014

Wild Flowers...

I am not a gardener.

I appreciate a beautifully kept garden but I am not a gardener. Thankfully for any outdoor areas of our various homes I am married to someone who loves gardening.

What I love to see in terms of flowers however is not the manicured edges of a lawn but a wild flower meadow, beautifully unkempt and exiled with the random rainbow colours of seeds which have drifted that way.

We tried sowing (I say 'we' but my role was purely observational) a wild flower garden but it was not to be, somehow the wildness was not there.

The seeds, blown on the wind, bless the place of landing with colour, it is random and yet in some poetic way the same areas each year show their true colours.

Today there will be seeds that float around me, the odd compliment or word of encouragement, seeds of a conversation that will grow into friendship. There is nothing random about these seeds either, for watching for them and accepting and receiving them allows our lives to blossom with the God colours of others. Others may receive from us as well.

No comments: